CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A visit with old friends

Back when Hoy and I got married, we were a part of a newlywed Sunday school class at Geyer Springs First Baptist Church. Nate and Mauree were in our class and actually just lived around the corner from us. A few years ago they moved to the north part of the state, and have since had 2 additional boys.




Here is a picture of Mauree with her boys from her facebook page. Adorable family, and really sweet people.





This past weekend, I found out that one of Maruree's worst nightmares as a mother was coming true. When you live in Arkansas and are a parent, you are SO thankful to have such a wonderful facility so close to home BUT pray almost every day that you never need to utilize it!! Nate and Mauree's youngest son had been admitted to Arkansas Children's Hospital for extensive testing because of prolonged symptoms and recurrent fever. I shared this with our current Sunday school class this past Sunday, and they wanted to help!! Our class is such a special group of people, and many of them were not even here when Nate and Mauree were going to our church so they don't even know each other. But our class, wanting to represent the love of Christ, wanted to help meet their needs during this time of crisis. With the help of our Sunday school directors and many members of our class, tonight Hoy and I were able to carry 2 huge bags of sodas, juice, water, snacks, and a little bit of money for miscellaneous needs to hopefully help their stay in the hospital be a little easier and a little cheaper!




When we got to the hospital and found their room, we were greeted by this sweet baby, but he was not quite this happy....he immediately started crying when he saw us because he thought we were coming with more needles. :(




We are praying for this special family, and we are so thankful to our Sunday school class for their generous gifts and allowing us to visit Nate and Mauree on their behalf. For those of you who are actually reading this post, I am asking that you stop for just a second and thank God for this wonderful facility, for the awesome doctors and nurses that make it more than just a building, and for all of the patients and families that are scared to death because they are having to depend on this facility for help!! To God be the glory for all of His blessings and for all of His miracles!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ali, you guys are wonderful for doing that for Mauree & Nate!!! There are definitely special people at Geyer Springs.

Jill said...

I'm hoping that if they are still here this weekend, to try to go by and visit them. So nice of everyone at GS to make them feel loved during this uncertain time, I'm sure they appreciated it!

Mauree said...

Thank you so much for stopping by to see us. Geyer Springs really went above and beyond for us. It really meant a lot to us. I sat down numerous times yesterday to write thank you notes and words can't even express how much it meant to us. Your girls are precious. Oh and we brought some of the snacks home and Miles said, "Mom, these are the best snacks ever!"

The Proctors said...

That is just awesome! I just love that family, and I'm so sad to hear that they are going through this. What a wonderful thing that the Sunday School class did...we miss that class so much!